As a firm with a strong core real estate and agricultural offering, RDP is very well placed to offer advice to landowners/farmers on all kinds of renewable energy schemes.
The firm regularly advises on solar, wind, tidal, bio and battery storage schemes.
We have advised on schemes of all sizes, including:
- Individual schemes based on one landholding (usually solar or battery).
- Multi-land-ownership schemes (primarily wind schemes, or else large-scale solar or tidal projects).
- Mitigation land options / leases (for example, where wildlife mitigation is required to enable a project on third-party-owned land).
- Advice on planning agreements / enabling easements for projects.
- Landowner collaboration agreements, where multiple land ownerships are involved.
The firm has also advised on the mitigation strategies necessary to remedy failed schemes.
RDP’s renewable energy work is led by James Davies. James has been recommended by the Legal 500 (the guide to the UK’s top 500 law firms) for his work in both real estate and agricultural law, and is therefore excellently placed to advise on renewable projects, which straddle both work areas.
Meet the Team