The firm's real estate team handles complex real estate development work for a broad range of clients within Wales, the Midlands and the South of England.
Work areas include:
- The acquisition assembly and disposal of complex residential and mixed-use schemes.
- Advising landowners / farmers on the strategic development of their land, either individually, with others or else via third party agreements.
- The negotiation of contracts, conditional contracts, options or promotion agreements.
- Landowner agreements / collaboration agreements
- Overage and pre-emption.
- Advising landowners on option / promotion agreements that will see their land taken forward within emerging local development plans. The firm has advised on land assemblies up to 1 000 acres in size, often across multiple land holdings.
- The sale of development land, by way of contract, conditional contract or option.
- The acquisition of development land, assembly and disposal strategy within the retail, care and residential sectors. The firm has worked on schemes within the last 12 months with development values in excess of £50 million in value, many of which are located in the South of England.
- Site assembly and plot sales. The firm has a plot sale team, which dovetails into the work undertaken by the development team.
- Joint venture agreements between entities that wish to develop land or enter into development projects collaboratively.
- The financing of development schemes, particularly for small and mid-sized developers.
Meet the Team