What to do when someone dies
We know how difficult it is to lose a loved one and understand that dealing with their estate can be a difficult and an often daunting task. Our friendly team are on hand to help you every step of the way to minimise the stress and to ensure that the estate is administered correctly.
We are experienced in dealing with estates of all sizes and complexity and will deal with the paperwork on your behalf and complete the administration swiftly and efficiently. We have specialists who can deal with high value and complex estates involving business and farming assets.
We can assist with:
- Probate Registry applications
- Intestacy (where there is no will)
- Providing advice on inheritance tax matters and ensuring that all appropriate reliefs and allowances are claimed and that the correct amount of inheritance tax is paid
- We deal with queries raised by HMRC and identify when other taxes such as income tax and capital gains tax may be relevant
- Advising business owners following a death
- Distributing an estate in accordance with the will and the formalities of transferring assets to beneficiaries
- Deed of Variation
- Deed of renunciation
- Will trusts
- Disputes over the interpretation of wills, or between executors or beneficiaries or a dispute over the value of an estate
Answers to some of the most commonly asked questions around what to do when a loved one dies, can be found in our latest article here.
If you would like to speak to one of our team today simply complete an enquiry form or call 01633 413500.
Meet the Team
Associate Chartered Legal Executive